The Waracle team is proud to announce the release of our latest iPhone application, now available on the iTunes store. The software was built in collaboration with the team at Waste Aware Scotland for their Love Food Hate Waste campaign. The ‘Love Food Hate Waste’ application is now officially available to download – perfect for food lovers who hate waste.
The Love Food Hate Waste iPhone application is the ultimate interactive tool to assist you in reducing your food waste. The handy portion size planner, recipe blender, meal planner, shopping list and hints and tips section ensure there is always a feature to help you reduce food waste. You can also save money every step of the way – from planning and preparation to storage and portioning.
Here are some interesting statistics on food wastage:
- In excess of £1 billion of food is wasted by consumers in Scotland every year. That’s an average of £430 per household.
- Scottish households throw out 566,000 tonnes of food each year.
- Two thirds of all food waste could have been consumed.
- Half of the good food thrown out is completely untouched, with one in seven items still in their packets.
- At least £18 million worth of food thrown away is still in date.
If we stopped wasting all this food, we could effectively prevent the equivalent of 1.7 million tonnes of carbon dioxide each year in Scotland. This is the same as taking 1 in 4 cars off the road.
Waracle develop applications for a range of mobile devices and platforms including the Apple iPhone, Google Android and Windows Mobile. If you are interested in developing a mobile application, please contact Waracle directly on (01382) 529528.
Updated: See the finished App here